Following are some of the easiest tips that can help ensure that your MacBook runs smoothly at all times:
Make Sure You Back Everything Up
A lot of people do not follow this because they do not understand the value behind backing up their data regularly. It is often stated by the MacBook Company itself that the gadget often erases all present data without warning leaving the user empty handed. If you do not wish to be such a user, it is best that you back your data up regularly. The best way to do this is that you purchase a relatively small sized external hard drive for your MacBook. The size of your hard drive is entirely dependent on the capacity of your MacBook. It should either be of the same size or larger so it can ensure that no data will be lost because of lack of space. The easiest way to do this is as follows:
- A hard drive can be attached to the MacBook like a USB is. You use the same port to plug the hard drive in. Once that is done you can either choose the backup data option or simply copy paste everything that you wish to safe keep for the future.
Use A Suitable Service Provider
Though this sounds like a simple task, it is relatively a challenging one. Though when people buy a MacBook, they bring it back to their service provider whenever there is a problem – this option might not always be available for everyone. Hence, it is best that MacBook owners lookout for service providers that are working independently. Though this requires a lot of discretion and time, if done right it can help in many ways. The first thing a suitable and independent service provider does is that it reduces your overall cost. Not just that it also saves a lot of time and hence minimizes annoyance.
Your Account Should be Service Only
When it comes to MacBook repairs you might often require access that is provided to an administrator to execute the fixes. It never hurts to take extra precaution when you have entered your account information onto your computer. Through an administration account you can keep your personal information such as pictures and videos separate from crucial information such as bank details. In order to do this you just need to create an account that clearly states that it is service only. If you do not know what this means or how you can achieve I, all that is required is that you follow the provided steps:
- Start with opening the option of System Preferences
- Once a menu opens up choose the plus sign at the left on the bottom of the screen
- Once you do, the option of a new account will open up – choose Administrator
- Through this ensure that the account it selected as Service Only. This will require a password, enter one in.
- Once the above 4 steps are complete, select the Create Account option and you are done.
These tips are very simple to follow and require basic knowledge of the MacBook itself. Familiarize yourself with these and no problem will ever be too tedious for you to handle.
Iain Mccorquodale is the author of this article. If you click here you can read up on more from him with expert references regarding MacBook repairs without spending a single penny.